Korea Environment Corparation
- Operation of the GHG target management system
- Operation of the GHG target management scheme in Public sector
- Implementation of Green house gas reduction project
- Estimation of National GHG Emission in waste sector
- Support for Greenhouse Gas Emission Trading Policy
- Establishment of Refrigerant Management and Processiong Base for Refrigerant Equipments
- Support for GHG reduction of local governments
What is GHG Target Management?
The object of this system is to designate and manage corporations that emit more than specific amount of GHG in order to achieve medium-term targets(40% reduction in GHG emissions in 2030 compared to 2018) according to Carbon Neutral Green Growth Framework Act for Response to Climate Crisis.
|Beginning 2022.3.25 Until Now
|Greenhouse gas Emission(tCO2-eq)
How to set target?
- First, derive expected emissions amount of target year of each company considering the average emissions of three years right before designation year.
- Then, set the emission allowance by applying the annual national reduction rate to the derived expected emission amout according to Carbon Neutral Green Growth Framework Act for Response to Climate Crisis.
GHG Target Management Process
- Relevant ministries set the annual target with consideration of new, additional facilities and potential reduction(Bottom-up) after the target of each sector and category of business is set(Top-down)
- Relevant ministries continuously evaluate implementation plans and reports to manage goals of GHG reduction
- Supporting functions of overall control on Green House Gas target management
- Examining appropriateness, duplication or omission in selection of reporting entities of each agency
- Assisting an agency responsible for each sector with the review and evaluation
- Establishing Guidelines on Green House Gas Target Management
- Green House Gas target management in the waste sector
- Examining GHG data report
- Examining implementation plans and performance report
- Selecting designated objects of reporting entities
- Establishing GHG targets for reporting entities
- Technical support for reporting entities
- Supporting management and preparations for GHG data reporting, implementation plan, performance report and other involved reports
- Technical supports on devising reduction plans
- Supporting operation for the reduction of GHG and ways of improving efficiency of facilities